…I started this blog. I remember deciding to start blogging: sitting on the couch on my real birthday and debating domain names with my husband. Creating a WP account, learning the basics of blogging, and setting up the blog to my specifications the next day was my gift to myself. Blogging about books and libraries was long-time dream. It’s turned out to be one of my favorite gifts ever.
I am so very thankful for every person who visits this site, gains inspiration, tries something new, or leaves comments. There will be stretches when I’m radio silent (Summer 2015 comes to mind), and getting back to the blog seems nearly impossible. Knowing that this blog helps and inspires others is what keeps it going. So thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
In our family, we reflect each year with a tongue-in-cheek By The Numbers newsletter. Some are serious, some are silly. So here you go, blog friends. 2015 LibrarianArika, By the Numbers:
- 730: days the blog has been live
- 730: hours spent writing…at least
- 20: hours spent learning how to organize a WP blog
- 349: posts written over the last 2 years
- 400+: pictures taken of students and learnings at school
- 2,307: visits to the Elementary Library Lessons page
- 12: posts that exist in draft form. Must get back to those…
- 11,000: Visitors in the last 2 years
- 10,998: visitors that don’t include my friend Kari or my mom (you guys are awesome)
- 11,000: books I wish could gift to each one of you as a thank-you
- 1: person who will continue to write honestly, share the good and bad, reflect thoughtfully, and read thoroughly in the next year