Hot off the presses: the nominees for the 2015-2016 Sasquatch Award, the chapter book award for grades 3-6 in Washington State, have just been announced!
- Jinx by Sage Blackwood
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
- Serafina’s Promise by Ann E. Burg
- Monster on the HIll by Rob Harrell
- The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson
- One for the Murphy’s by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata
- The Adventures of a South Pole Pig by Chris Kurtz
- The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. by Greg Pincus
- Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
- The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley
Each year, a group of dedicated librarians read dozens of books and deliberate for hours to decide the twelve nominees for grades 3-6. Such a tough job…and such fun, too (spoken as a former committee member!).
Nicely done, colleagues! So proud of the hard work you put in over the last year. And so excited to read (and reread) the nominees. Amazon/University Bookstore, here I come.